Monday, September 10, 2012

Skunk

My poor fur-child.  A few weeks ago I was awaken by a terrible smell of skunk.  My husband had let my dog out around 4:45 on Sunday morning to do his business and I was still a sleep.  I woke up to that smell and jumped out of bed.  I ran to the living room and asked my husband where is Joey?  He said that he was in the kitchen and wanted to know why I was up so early.  I told him I smelled a skunk and it was close.  I called Joey and he came out of the kitchen.  I bent down and took a smell and oh my he smelled to high heaven from skunk.  So, at 5am I am up giving him a bath.  I never new how bad skunk smelled until that morning.  It made me so sick I thought for a few times I was going to loose it.  The skunk spray isn't just a spray it is oil based spray.  It soaks into what ever it is sprayed on.  The smell was so heavy with oil.

Now, I get up every morning and check outside before I let him out.  This morning the smell was strong so, I went outside and checked before I let him out.  Couldn't find the skunk but I know he was close.  Bought a bottle of skunk off just in case it happens again.  You know living in the country you never know what you will find out your back door.  The funny think is Joey didn't seem to care that he had been sprayed.  It didn't seem to bother him at all.  It like to have put me under.  Love to all and have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment