Monday, September 17, 2012

Walmart

You know I just don't get it.  I was at Wal-mart the other day and there was a young mother there with her two children.  I was at the back of the store and she was at the front.  I could hear her kids screaming at the top of their voice.  She wasn't saying anything to them.  Didn't try and get them quite or tell them not to scream.  This went on for the whole time I was shopping.  Well, I turned the corner and guess who was turning the corner the same time.   Yes, it was the screaming kids.  For the people who know me you can just imagine what was coming next.  She pushed her buggy past me and the kids looked at me and screamed at me.  I turned and told them to stop it now.  I gave them one of my looks (the one that can kill) and they both stopped screaming and looked at me like I had said something that they had not heard before.  The mother just looked at me and I kept looking at her and the two boys.  Needless to say she didn't say a word and the two boys kept their eye on me until she pushed the buggy around the corner.  I was just waiting for her to say something to me.  But, she didn't say a word.  Just my luck because I was ready and willing to let her have a piece of my mind. 

You know, when my Mother told me to do something I new she meant it.  I was told when I get you home I going to bust your ass and I new she would not forget it when we got home.  She would go in put the groceries away and then walk into the bedroom where the belt hung on a clothes hanger, get it down and give me just what she said she was going to give me when I got home.  I wasn't abused I was taught that if I couldn't behave in the store this is what would happen and she followed through with it.  I learned quick that acting out in the store would get you a red hot behind.  So, please you young Mothers please tell you children what will happen if the miss behave and follow through with it.  The rest of us in the store will back you up and be smiling while we shop.  (And if you can't do it just ask one of us older Moms to help you out) because we can follow through.  Much love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment